Friday, August 10, 2007

Bbbbbbbootie, that's what it is!

Apparently everyone in the Husbeast's office is procreating - NOW! I've been commissioned to make baby gifts for them, and I figured booties were a pretty easy, quick gift to whip up. The Husbeast paged through my copy of 50 Baby Booties to Knit by Zoe Mellor and picked out these:


I used some Louet Gems Opal that I picked up at the Point the other day. I modified the pattern slightly by including a contrast roll cuff instead of just a cast on edge, and by opting for a 2 by 2 rib instead of 1 by 1. I actually made another pair in the same colors, reversed, but I forgot to snap a photo before the Husbeast absconded with them. Use your imagination.


I'm making slow, steady progress on the knitting projects I'm working on for myself. The body of the Assymetric Cardi is nearly complete. I think I will knit the button bands before I work the sleeves because I am concerned about having enough yarn. I'd rather have button bands and 3/4 length sleeves than have to fudge some sort of contrast color.

I bought some shank-style buttons which I plan on knitting directly into the band. I read about doing this somewhere, I think it's a Lily Chin thing. I have trepidation about buttons falling off and the sweater unravelling with this technique, but I think my fear is unfounded. I've never lost a button off any of my sweaters. Have you ever tried this?


May the wind be in your sails, Miss Susi!
Our dear friend and longtime SnB-er is headed off for a new life on the other side of the continent. Of course, we had to send her off with a communal afghan.



I made the Empire State Building in the center. May it keep her warm and cozy!

No comments: