Friday, February 9, 2007

magnetic north pole

Lately I've been feeling like I am the magnetic north pole for all bizarro freaks in NYC. There are far too many incidents at the gym recently to list them all. I suspect that I may be walking into a parallel universe every time my bar code is scanned at New York Sports Club. The other day I was next to some guy on the treadmills. We were both running along, listening to our respective ipods. All of the sudden, he starts yipping and air punching really fast, then he counted down from 10. But he did it loudly. And in German. W.T.F.

This evening on the subway some guy calling himself, "Earth Angel" explained that he was created by god to watch out for the human race. He said he was 99% divine being and 1% human, and was here to look for the good in mankind. He said god told him to spread the word in the only two languages god speaks - English and Italian.

He also said that he couldn't look at human females because it would strike him blind. He asked us to avert our eyes - this didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Why would it matter if we saw him? To save his eyesight, he was holding a fluorescent orange folder in front of his face. There was an elaborate "Earth Angel" drawing he had done on white copy paper and glued on the outside which incorporated symbols from major world religions, and possibly a liger.

The craziest thing about all this is the guy didn't look all that nuts. He was definitely odd looking, but then again, so would anyone with a seriously groomed 3 inch fluffy mullet front, and locks flowing all the way down his back, all of which was dyed super-duper black. He was in his 40's or 50's, definitely clean and appeared to have a home - a home replete with hair grooming tools. Also, he wasn't asking for money, recruiting followers, or handing out fliers. He reminded me of the type of subway crazy you see in movies about NYC that are made by people who've never lived in NYC.

Most of the subway riders were laughing at him. It was one of those impromptu bonding moments that makes me think most folks are alright. The "Earth Angel" was completely unfased. He continued with his spiel.

When I got off the train, I had a little ditty stuck in my head:

Earth angel, earth angel
Will you be mine ?
My darling dear, love you all the time
I'm just a fool, a fool in love with you

4 comments:

Liz said...

Tag! You're it!

I read your blog all the time, so I thought I'd tag you in a meme :) Come to my site to see the rules!
http://lizknits1485.blogspot.com/2007/02/ive-been-tagged.html

MUDNYC said...

Ich lieben zie deutsch air puncher. All I know is ein, zwei, tre, zuppa from Oktoberfest. Power to the people!

Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your sweetgirlknits.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your sweetgirlknits.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com